Dental Cleaning in Pinehurst, NC
Professional Dental Cleaning in Pinehurst, NC
Call Hubbard Dental at 910-695-3050 to book your dental cleaning today.
Daily brushing and flossing are essential, but you shouldn’t neglect regular dental check-ups and cleanings. A professional dental cleaning can access hard-to-reach areas such as behind the teeth and between the gums.
Hubbard Dental offers thorough yet painless dental cleaning in Pinehurst, NC, in an elegant and relaxing dental office where your comfort is our priority.
Dental Cleaning at Hubbard Dental
Our dental hygienists are trained in the latest cleaning techniques and equipment to give you a seamless dental cleaning. Our dental cleaning involves:
- Removing plaque and tartar on the teeth and gum line. We use a scaler instrument to scrape away these cavity-causing substances gently. We may also use an ultrasonic tool to clean your teeth.
- Polishing your teeth with pleasant-tasting toothpaste.
- Administering a fluoride rinse. Fluoride prevents deterioration of enamel, the protective outer substance of the teeth.
If you haven’t visited a dentist for a long time, you may need a deep dental cleaning. “Deep cleaning” may sound like a more advanced dental cleaning, but it’s quite a different procedure. Deep cleaning treats gum disease caused by bacterial infections.
Patients with gum disease require cleaning below the gum line, where deep cleaning comes in. Gum disease creates a deep “pocket” between the root of a tooth and the gum line, trapping tartar and bacteria within the pocket. Deep cleaning uses root scaling, planing, and ultrasonic devices to remove the build-up and “reattach” the pocket.
If left untreated, gum disease may lead to periodontal disease and tooth loss. Fortunately, regular dental cleaning can significantly prevent this.
At Hubbard Dental, we believe knowledge is power. Our dental hygienists instruct patients in the best at-home oral care. Moreover, we recommend dental tools and practices for effective long-term care, including:
- Manual toothbrushes
- Electric toothbrushes
- Specialized toothpaste such as whitening toothpaste or toothpaste for sensitive teeth
- Dental flosses along with water-flossing products
- Anti-bacterial mouthwashes
- A cavity-fighting diet
- Lifestyle changes to boost oral health
Furthermore, we discuss gum disease, cavity, and root canal symptoms with patients, so they leave our office informed and proactively monitor for any signs or issues. We also urge patients to schedule their next cleaning to maintain consistent care. In general, we recommend cleanings every six months to minimize tooth and gum decay.
Additional Dental Services
Dental cleaning in Pinehurst has never been more comprehensive than Hubbard Dental. After your hygienist finishes your cleaning, one of our dentists will assess the overall health of your teeth and gums. We may also perform the following procedures to round off your cleaning appointment:
- X-rays. X-rays detect tooth damage and decay long before they become visible during a standard exam.
- Schedule any follow-up appointments. Follow-up appointments may include another cleaning in another six months and more urgent restorative treatments.
- Oral cancer screening. We may perform an oral cancer screening as part of your cleaning. An oral cancer screening is straightforward, non-invasive, and only takes a few minutes.
- Gum disease screening. Gum disease screening is vital for catching gum disease before it grows more severe. We visually examine the gums during a gum exam, also looking out for any bleeding or recession.
- Monitor any existing dental conditions. For instance, if we’ve previously performed fillings or veneers, we’ll look closely at the affected teeth to ensure they’re intact.
- Teeth grinding can damage the teeth and cause TMD (temporomandibular joint dysfunction). Therefore, we create customized nightguards for TMD patients.
Compassionate, Expert Dental Cleaning in Pinehurst, NC
Hubbard Dentistry offers the highest standard of dental cleaning in Pinehurst, NC. Our team can’t wait to meet you and care for your dental health. Call us at 910-695-3050 to book an appointment and see what sets us apart from other dental practices.